Monday, September 24, 2012

I Hate Waiting


I hate waiting for anything. I realize this hatred is irrational. If I were responsible to drive to my own execution, I’d be in the left lane trying to pass everyone to get there as quickly as possible.

Unfortunately for me much of life consists of waiting. It’s seems like you can’t do anything without waiting. Some examples:
1. Waiting for a computer to load up
2. Waiting for the cold water in sink to get hot
3. Buying a movie ticket
4. Waiting to check out in a department or grocery store
5. Waiting for a red light to change.

Some waits are developmental in nature:
1. Waiting to be old enough to get a learners permit
2. Waiting to be old enough to drink
3. Waiting to be old enough to vote
4. Waiting for a baby to be born

Some waits are difficult or frightening:
1. Waiting in an ER to find out if they can save a loved one’s life
2. Waiting for biopsy results
3. Waiting to find out if you got into your first choice college.
4. Waiting to find out if you got your dream job
5. Lying in bed waiting to fall asleep
6. Waiting for test results (Like PSA tests)
6. Waiting for an answer to a prayer

I’m an equal opportunity waiter. I hate them all. God has a different view on waiting. He says:
(Isa 40:31 NKJ)
But those who wait on the LORD
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.

Some day when I grow up, and I hope that comes soon, because I’m 60, I want to learn how to wait like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment