Saturday, October 19, 2013

Christians Coping With Prostate Cancer


Before anyone takes offense with this post, I want to assure anyone of any faith or no faith at all they are welcome to join our Pre and Post Surgery Prostate Cancer Support Forums. There you'll find information that you won't find in other places. It's my goal to help every man with prostate cancer to base their treatment decision on the facts there are provided about their disease rather than their fear of cancer.

My specific area of focus is  prostate surgery. There are other sites to get information about the various options to treat prostate cancer. My goal is not to promote or bash surgery, my goal is to inform and provide accurate information which is lacking in most of the sites which promote surgery as the treatment of choice.

Coping with prostate cancer is a life long journey. According to an unscientific poll on my website, men were asked if they were satisfied with their post-surgery sexuality.  Only 5% of the men who responded were happy with their sexuality following prostate surgery.

It doesn’t take a scientific study to determine that for the majority of men who chose surgery there will be undesirable changes which continue for years, and for many couples for the rest of their lives. These changes have the potential to cause an identity crisis in men as they find themselves unable to perform at levels prior to surgery.

Since the majority of men often link their identity and manhood to their performance in the bedroom, it’s very likely man men will experience a post-surgical depression even when surgery has cured them of cancer. The question for many men is how their faith will impact this crisis.

Is there a place for Christian men to go for help coping with prostate cancer?  I’m happy to report there is. If you are interested in discussing and learning about how faith makes a difference in coping with prostate cancer please visit the following sites:
Don't Waste Your Cancer
Post-Surgery Forum Thread on Faith
How to obtain a forever healing
Why my faith made a difference in the way I faced cancer
Some of the Bible verses that came true in my life

 If you or someone you know is coping with prostate cancer share this blog with them. If you are the one coping or your partner has prostate cancer I hope you'll visit my website:
I Left My Prostate in San Francisco-Where's Yours? Website

When you do, I hope you’ll join the forum and become an active member sharing how faith does impact the way men and couples cope with prostate cancer. Here's one promise that meant a lot to me throughout this long journey of coping with prostate cancer and life without a prostate:
Rom 5:3-5
And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance;  and perseverance, character; and character, hope.  Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

If you need information about surgery visit the pre and post surgery forums which you can link to from my website.
Blessing to you and your family as you make treatment decisions and learn to cope with life as someone with prostate cancer.
Rick



No comments:

Post a Comment