How you cope with the diagnosis of prostate cancer and the aftermath of treatment depends upon a number of factors. Some of those are:
1. Your emotional intelligence-do you pay attention to your emotions, use them constructively, deny or ignore them?
2. Your support system
3. Your Faith
4. Your previous experiences with cancer of any kind
5. The state of your current relationship
6. The attitude of your partner to your disease
7. The quality of life issues you face as a result of your treatment decision.
8. Your previous history of coping with crisis
9. How your sexuality is tied to your identity as a man or woman.
I recently had the opportunity to write an article about emotions and prostate cancer. The link is here:
Emotions & Prostate Cancer
Your thoughts and comments about how your emotional life was affected by prostate cancer are welcome here.