Monday, January 14, 2013

Transformations


 This weekend I joined the Alliance of Independent Authors. I was accepted into this association because I’m in the process of becoming a published author.  That's a transformation my wife & I worked to achieve for years. It's a transformation I'll be proud to attain. There are other transformations that I haven't worked for, yet taken years to achieve.

 In my wallet I currently posses a senior citizen discount card to a local restaurant. Somewhere along the line, I missed middle age. From my perspective I went from being a young married person to a senior citizen in the course of no more than a week. I often stare in the mirror wondering how I transformed from young married status to senior citizen status so quickly.

 I’ve developed a theory about this. When you are young, times moves oh so slowly. Waiting a year from the time I got my permit to the time I received my drivers license, felt like an eternity. Now decades move that quickly. So I’ve come to the conclusion that time actually speeds up the older you get. I can’t prove this scientifically, but if you ask Senior Citizens if time moves quickly you’ll get a much different than asking the same question to a teenager.

 Transformations occur over the course of time. Some are sought after, like getting a driver’s license or publishing a book. Some just happen over the course of time, like becoming a Senior Citizen.

 I have a have a hands down favorite transformation. It didn’t require any work on my part at all. One of the amazing aspects of this transformation is it’s available to anyone who asks. Once you receive it, it’s yours forever. Death cannot take away or defeat this transformation. The way to receive it is found in:
 2 Cor 5:17
 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

 I’ve experienced this transformation. Transforming into a new creation a Christ is by far the best and most valuable transformation available this side of heaven. If you have not experienced this transformation, your missing out on the best transformation that life has to offer.

 I spent decades of my life in disbelief. Now as I reflect back on every transformation I’ve experienced I’m most grateful to be a new creation in Christ. If you’ve not made that transformation, think about, pray about it, read the New Testament, seek out friends and family who’ve experienced this transformation, and ask them about it. Then you can make an informed decision whether or not you wish to become a new creation in Christ. It is by far the best and most important decision I’ve made in my lifetime. I believe that today, and I’ll believe that throughout eternity


No comments:

Post a Comment