Wednesday, March 25, 2015

The Truth About Erectile Functioning After Prostate Surgery

Here's what many of us heard before surgery "The likelihood of erectile function at 12 months following robotic surgery is 93.5%."
A new study turns that statistic upside down. A group led by Dr Mikkel Fode, from the Herlev Hospital in Copenhagen, asked 210 patients to complete the IIEF questionnaire, around 23 months after Radical Prostatectomy surgery. However they added an additional question: “Is your erectile function as good as before the surgery (yes/no)”. Only 14 patients (6.7% of respondents) reported that their erections were as good as before surgery.

Put another way 93.3% of the men who were 23 months post surgery said their erections were not as good as before surgery and they were struggling with erectile problems.

I was told my erectle functioning would return to my pre surgery levels. Four years post surgery I was impotent.  I was seriously depressed for 18 months because I was waiting for the pre surgery return of my erectle abilities. Turns out the majority of men won't have this experiennce.
Here's the link to a new study which tells the truth about erectle functioning after prostate surgery. 
ReplyReport post

1 comment:

  1. I had such a problem, and I've tried several times to solve this problem without pharmacy but it's impossible. Then I decided to take special medicine, thanks http://eumedicines.com/ for malegra it really helped me a lot and now I can feel like real man.

    ReplyDelete