Saturday, January 1, 2022

A New Year

 It’s 2022! 

What a privilege it is to grow old with my sweet wife.I remember when I subscribed to “youth’s universal illusion of immortality.”

In those days, I assumed I had decades of New Year’s Eves to celebrate.

Now, I’ve reached an age where I no longer assume I’ll be around to celebrate 2023.  

Maybe I will, maybe I won’t.

Some may think I’ve become morbid. 

Not me! I think I’ve finally aligned myself with reality. 

One of my go to Bible verses is this:                          Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.                                                                              ~ Psalm 90:12~

When Jesus knew he had 24 hours left to live, he did what was most important to him.

He said to his disciples:                                                Then He said to them, “With fervent desire I have desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer;                      ~ Luke 22:15~

On his last day on earth, Jesus was mindful to do the will of his Father in Heaven. Not only on his last day; every day.                                                                                May that be said about all of us!                                 Happy 2022!

No comments:

Post a Comment