Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Why I Chose Penile Implant Surgery to Treat My Erectile Dysfunction

 I have three personality traits that led me to choose penile implant surgery to treat my erectile dysfunction.


#1. I hate to lose. In other words, I strongly prefer to win. After my double-nerve-sparing robotic prostatectomy left me impotent,  I did not want ED to be the cost of winning the war against my prostate cancer.

#2. I’m persistent. Long after others quit, or believe it’s hopeless, I’m still there plugging away.

#3. I find it difficult to take no for an answer. I consider the word “no” a starting point for negotiation.

Three months after my double-nerve-sparing prostate surgery, I asked to participate in a penile rehab program. I wanted to do everything I could to restore my erectile functioning, which had not returned three months post surgery.

For four long years, I fought to preserve my erectile functioning, until I flunked out of penile rehab. All  treatment options stopped working. I was told I'd be impotent the rest of my life. No one told me about implant surgery. I had to find the option on my own. As I researched the topic, I was amazed and delighted to discover implant surgery had high levels of patient and partner satisfaction rates.

The findings of this study didn't make any sense. Researchers found that the number of men diagnosed with erectile dysfunction increased 165% over the 10-year study period, while the use of penile implants declined, with 4.6% of men with ED getting a penile implant in 2002 and 2.3% of men opting for an implant in 2010."

I believe there are three primary reasons men won’t opt for penile implant surgery:
*Unawareness -- many men with ED are not told or made aware implant surgery is an option.
*Financial concerns -- While Medicare covers implant surgery, many insurance companies will not pay for the procedure. If they do, a high deductible can make surgery unaffordable. I asked the hospital to accept monthly payments so I could pay my deductible over six months. If you are uninsured, there is a service that can provide you with a competitively priced surgery package as well as financing.

*Fear -- A significant number of men lose their erectile functioning as a result of prostate surgery. It’s unthinkable for many men to go back for another surgical consultation with the expectation that a surgical procedure will cure the damage another surgical procedure caused.

*Internet-induced fear -- I refused to go on YouTube to watch an implant procedure. I was concerned that if I viewed the procedure, I would come to the conclusion I didn't want a surgeon performing it on me. I'm glad I waited until I was home from the hospital before I watched the procedure online.

My wife and I wrote an award-winning book that shares our research and personal experiences as a way of helping men and couples cope with ED as well as learn about penile implant surgery. It’s titled "Everything You Never Wanted to Know About Erectile Dysfunction and Penile Implant Surgery."

If you are coping with ED, and something is preventing you from exploring this option, I hope you’ll share what that something is. And if you’ve had implant surgery, and you're willing to share your experiences, please do.
Note: This article appeared in Prostate Cancer News Today 

Rick Redner and his wife Brenda Redner wrote two award winning books. The first:
provides men and couples with information and support before, during and after prostate surgery.

Their second book was written for couples living with!erectile dysfunction. After living with erectile dysfunction for four years, Rick chose penile implant surgery. The couple share how implant surgery changed their lives and relationship.
The title of their book is:


1 comment:

  1. WHAT A GREAT MIRACLE THAT I HAVE EVER SEE IN MY LIFE. My names are Clara David I’m a citizen of USA, My younger sister was sicking of breast cancer and her name is Sandra David I and my family have taking her to all kind of hospital in USA still yet no good result. I decided to go to the internet and search for cancer cure so that was how I find a lady called peter Lizzy she was testifies to the world about the goodness of a herbal man who has the roots and herbs to cure all kind of disease and the herbal man email was there. So I decided to contact the herbal man @herbalist_sakura for my younger sister help to cure her breast cancer. I contacted him and told him my problem he told me that I should not worry that my sister cancer will be cure, he told me that there is a medicine that he is going to give me that I will cook it and give it to my sister to drink for one week, so I ask how can I receive the cure that I am in USA, he told me That I will pay for the delivery service. The courier service can transport it to me so he told me the amount I will pay, so my dad paid for the delivery fee. two days later I receive the cure from the courier service so I used it as the herbal man instructed me to, before the week complete my sister cancer was healed and it was like a dream to me not knowing that it was physical I and my family were very happy about the miracle of Doctor so my dad wanted to pay him 5 million us dollars the herbal man did not accept the offer from my dad, but I don't know why he didn't accept the offer, he only say that I should tell the world about him and his miracle he perform so am now here to tell the world about him if you or your relative is having any kind of disease that you can't get from the hospital please contact dr.sakuraspellalter@gmail.com or whats app him +2348110114739 you can follow him up on Instagram @herbalist_sakura for the cure, he will help you out with the problem. And if you need more information about the doctor you can mail me davidclara223@gmail.com


    ReplyDelete